Wednesday 7 August 2013

Day 26: Colesberg to Somerset West

I woke early............. knowing I would see my amazing family today.
Colesberg Lodge Pool Area
I said goodbye to Colesberg Lodge, once again she had been kind to me.  I had slept well, woken refreshed, and ready to complete my journey by driving about 700km home to Somerset West, Cape Town.
On and on the N1 went.... on and on.....straighter than an arrow.  i follwed and tried to stay defrosted.  i was told by a motorsist at one of the compulsory road works stops, that it had been -5 degrees Celsius in Colesberg this morning..... brrrrrrrrr no wonder my finger tipes had frozen up.
The N1 to Cape Town (from Colesberg) straight asd an arrow
I passed Laingsberg, then Touws River and arrived in Worcester.  here I tyurned off and headed for Villiersdorp and Grabouw.  This would be my last scenery before sunset and arriving at home about 20:00.  Along the N1 i noticed that spring had sprung.  The flowers were so brightly colored.  Absolutely amazing, in all this grey background, the color splashes that somebody had put their for my arrival were so amazing.
I eventually drove on the R43 to Villiersdorp and Grabouw.
Spring has Sprung........................
The beauty didn't stop.
Just before Villiersdorp

One last pic of the model before sunset......
Sunset.... the last one for this adventure..............
And... all too soon, I was home.  The lights of Cape Town had twinkled something like this pic below......

I snaked down this dangerous pass, the last one leading me home.... and within 15 minutes, my trip ended, in the arms of my wife and sons. I was greatful to be home, sad to have ended the trip, but happy all had gone well.  I hope this trip inspires somebody out there to do great things, to see the world, or even a small part of it, and to realise...... it always seems impossible, until somebody does it.

8 countries, 12 000km, 1 month

1 little man, 1 medium-sized bike, 1 giant adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment