Thursday 18 July 2013

Day 13: My Birthday (18 July)

Today is day 13 of my Africa trip, it is also Mandelas and my birthday today! Lets see what the day has in store!!!

Day 13 morning: Meserami Snake Park

My accommodation at Meserami Snake Park (mine is the one on the right)
I woke slowly. My legs were sore from yesterday's ride so I decided to take my time. 'Ma' gave me breakfast, and even said I can have the blanket. Wow, what a lovely lady. She even gave me a T-shirt which you will see. Today I want to see Kilimanjaro and cross into Kenya, to see Mombasa. Then south, homeward bound.

This has become an 'out-and-back' trip. Hopefully I can see a few places on my way.
'Ma' : This lady will make you feel like you are at home even though 1000s of kilometers separate you from your real home.  Meserami Snake Park was built by her and she now hosts overland adventurers at her camp site.  She also runs a very homely bar at the Snake Park. 


2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you... When can I see you in Latvia? Have a safe road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living the dream bro, living the dream!!!!!!
    Happy birthday and safe trip further
    Donnyg

    ReplyDelete