Wednesday 31 July 2013

Day 17: Mikumi Village to Tukuyu

I drove from Mikumi Village (The Swiss-owned Lodge and Camp Site) towards Mbeya.  Just before Mbeya (coming from the Dar Es Salaam (east) side) I turned south towards a town called Uyole.  The roasd was good with the usual speed humps in town.  With a setting sun I drove towards Tukuyu.  The sun had set and there was a light rain falling so I checked into a local owned guest lodge called "Gaga California Guest House" the night before. The place was not fantastic but at 11 000 Tsh (about 7US$).  It was funny because Ritma had just asked me if I had encountered any rain on my trip. I had been riding up into a mountainous area and it was getting more and more intense in terms of the weather.  The place was awesome in terms of view though./  I was riding on some sort of mountain ridge in the Poroto Mountain Range and the views were spectacular.  The place is so green and tropical looking.

At Gaga California Lodge I found clean sheets, a mosquito net, and undercover parking for my bike. I didn't eat that night as they didn't serve food. I'm quite a light eater though so no problems there.
Leaving Tanzania  (on the road going from Uyole to Kyela (bordering Malawi))



No comments:

Post a Comment