Sunday 7 July 2013

Day 2: Lainsburg (still RSA) to Botswana

I want to make it to the Botswana border today (my departure didn't go as planned)

I woke at 3:30 am. Then realised the time and went back to sleep.

Its 7:30 now.

Note  to self, reset bike clocks, they are almost 2 hrs early. Very confusing. Also, try to move some weight forward in the bike..... How, I am not sure... So far the bike feels heavy and i am not used to driving with fully loaded panniers either.

Ok. Let's eat something. Tried eating some of the weight off the bike yesterday, only managed 500g. Maybe I can do that again today.  I had packed some quickly cooked food which seemed pretty heavy.

I still have to pay for my accommodation, and leave by 9am. Last night I had o drive the 12km back to town (Laingburg) to draw cash, the only acceptable payment here.... Huh? What kind of place is this?

Last night I had been too cold to walk the 100m to pay.  I hope its fine.

Ooh, my neck is so stiff....

Oh. Left my day-t-day diary at home. It was just too heavy to pack in, so now I have to use my cell phone for notes.... . So typing is a bit tougher.

Cell phone reception here in Laingsburg..... bad.... Sometimes ok, but very bad otherwise....

Oh, in the movie ..... Errrm what's the name again? Where the guy gets stuck on a boat? He says its important to establish a daily routine..... So here goes.  I will try and establish a daily routine for this trip, and see if his theory was right.




No comments:

Post a Comment