Monday 8 July 2013

Day 3: From Kimberly into Botswana

I finally remembered the name of the movie. Life of Pi. In this movie the guy had a tiger to feed. With me its the black snake of Tar I have to ride. Sometimes it shows beauty, other times danger...... But I need her, and she needs me.

The road is there for the bike, and the bike is there for the road. Right?

Many things cross my mind while driving. Did I forget this or that? How far, how near? Too fast, too slow?

The words of Bob Marley came into my mind today. "life is one big road, with lots of signs, so when riding through rocks, don't complicate your mind".

Basically he is saying.... Keep it simple..... Life that is, and in this case I must try and keep this trip simple too. So, right now, my life is simple...... Ride, eat sleep....

I had slept at a caravan park in front of the famous Great Kimberly Hole.  It had been cold. No gate guard was on duty and I had entered after dark anyway.  There were a few campers (mainly workers on a school fence project).  I pulled in about the same time as a Dutch couple who were going to tour around in a rented 4x4 camper van for a month.

in the morning, they left just before the receptionist arrived and they didn't pay, but I did.  That's the price for sleeping late I guess. The office opened at about 07:30am.

Kimberly Caravan Park Camp Site

The road from the Northern Cape to Botswana
Hey, you Northern Cape "asses" please remove yourselves from the road.
Neil crossed Botswana border aprox 4.30pm today!!! Congratulations!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment